These therapeutic audio resources have been developed and professionally recorded by experienced clinical psychologists. Prescribe them as stand-alone interventions or integrate them into your clinical practice. They are available to buy outright in Client and Therapist editions.
Subscribers to Psychology Tools have free access to all audio packs.
Psychology Tools For Overcoming PTSD Audio Collection
The Psychology Tools For Overcoming PTSD audio collection is designed to give clients the information they need about PTSD, and training in practical skills for managing their intrusive and distressing symptoms. The audio pack contains over 3.5 hours of information and practical exercises, and can complement work done in clinical session.
As well as essential information about PTSD the audio collection contains practical exercises across 4 domains:
- Physical soothing: body-based and imagery exercises designed to promote physical relaxation and a feeling of safety
- Grounding: sensory and cognitive exercises designed to promote orientation to safety in the present
- Brain retraining: exercises designed to counteract unhelpful anxiety-promoting learned responses
- Improving sleep: practical and imagery exercises focused on improving sleep
This audio collection will be useful for anyone working with clients who have PTSD – whether they are completing a trauma-focused treatment or are in a stabilization phase.
Psychology Tools for Relaxation Audio Collection
The Psychology Tools For Relaxation audio collection is designed to help your clients to manage their physiological arousal. The audio collection contains 50 minutes of practical relaxation exercises and can be used in session, or to complement work done in clinical session.
The audio collection contains 4 essential exercises:
- Relaxed breathing: a diaphragmatic breathing exercise designed to promote physical relaxation and a feeling of safety
- Progressive muscle relaxation: an exercise in which the client is instructed to focus on different muscle groups in turn, practising tensing and relaxing
- Peaceful place: a guided imagery exercise using client-generated imagery (sometimes referred to as a safe place exercise)
- Combined relaxation exercise: a combined exercise which guides clients through all of the exercises in sequence
This audio collection will be useful for anyone working with clients who experience heightened physiological arousal or stress.