These therapeutic workbooks have been developed by experienced clinical psychologists. Prescribe them as self-help interventions or integrate them into your clinical practice. They are available to buy outright in Client and Therapist editions.
Subscribers to Psychology Tools have free access to all workbooks.
Psychology Tools for Living Well
Cognitive behavioral therapy can help your clients to live happier and more fulfilling lives. Psychology Tools for Living Well is a self-help course that aims to teach the principles and practice of cognitive behavioral therapy. Readers are guided through chapters which introduce:
- the basic principles of CBT,
- the role of emotions,
- how thoughts and behaviors affect our mood,
- and how these components come together in ways that can leave us feeling stuck.
During each section clients are guided through practical exercises to consolidate what they have learned, and to hone their skills in practicing CBT techniques.
This course is equally suitable as a self-help guide, or as an adjunct to face-to-face work for clients in therapy.
Psychology Tools for Overcoming Panic
Nearly one person in every four will experience a panic attack at some point in their lives. Panic combines bodily symptoms of anxiety with feelings of fear and dread. A little bit of anxiety can be helpful for keeping us on our toes – but when it gets too much panic can become debilitating.
This helpful workbook will teach you everything you need to know about panic. Drawing upon the evidence base Psychology Tools for Overcoming Panic takes a cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) approach to this common anxiety problem. CBT has been demonstrated to be effective when delivered face-to-face or as self-help. This workbook will guide you through all the information and practical exercises necessary to overcome anxiety and reclaim your life. It is a valuable resource for individuals who panic, but equally helpful to therapists as a treatment manual.
- Guided exercises to overcome panic
- Clear introduction to panic & CBT
- Evidence-based: incorporates the latest recommendations for treating panic using CBT
- Acts as a both a self-help guide and therapist treatment manual
- Generous licenses mean that you can print and share copies with your clients (therapist edition only)
- Available in all formats: Print, PDF, Epub, Mobi (Kindle)
“This excellent resource containing information sheets, hand-outs and record forms, provides both the psychological therapist and client with everything they need to know about panic. It is clear, well organised , well laid out with plenty of illustrations and easy to understand. It brings together many familiar ideas in a uniquely accessible manner – brilliant!”
Dr Trevor Powell – author of The Mental Health Handbook
Psychology Tools for Overcoming PTSD (Audio Collection Scripts)
The Psychology Tools for Overcoming PTSD Audio Collection is designed to give clients the information they need about PTSD, and training in practical skills for managing their intrusive and distressing symptoms. This ebook contains scripts for all of the exercises in the audio collection. Clinicians can use the scripts to guide their clients through exercises, and clients can use the scripts to record themselves speaking the exercises. The collection contains practical exercises across 4 domains:
- Physical soothing: body-based and imagery exercises designed to promote physical relaxation and a feeling of safety
- Grounding: sensory and cognitive exercises designed to promote orientation to safety in the present
- Brain retraining: exercises designed to counteract unhelpful anxiety-promoting learned responses
- Improving sleep: practical and imagery exercises focused on improving sleep
Psychology Tools for Relaxation (Audio Collection Scripts)
The Psychology Tools For Relaxation Audio Collection is designed to help your clients to manage their physiological arousal. The audio collection contains 50 minutes of practical relaxation exercises and can be used in session, or to complement work done in clinical sessions. This ebook contains scripts for all of the exercises in the audio collection. Clinicians can use the scripts to guide their clients through exercises, and clients can use the scripts to record themselves speaking the exercises. The exercises include:
- Relaxed breathing: a diaphragmatic breathing exercise designed to promote physical relaxation and a feeling of safety
- Progressive muscle relaxation: an exercise in which the client is instructed to focus on different muscle groups in turn, practising tensing and relaxing
- Peaceful place: a guided imagery exercise using client-generated imagery (sometimes referred to as a safe place exercise)
- Combined relaxation exercise: a combined exercise which guides clients through all of the exercises in sequence