This policy applies to the cookies used on this website (www.psychologytools.com) and in sales and marketing emails.
The following terms are used throughout this policy and are defined as follows:
- Cookie: Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are used in order to make websites work, to provide features, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owner of the site such as pages visited, number of visitors etc. Some cookies also enable the display of relevant advertising when you move from site to site.
- We/us/our: Refers to Psychology Tools Limited, the owner of this website, with company registration number 10810854.
- Personal data: Is any information which can directly or indirectly identify a living person.
- First Party Cookie: This is a cookie that is controlled by us
- Third Party Cookie: This is a cookie provided by a third party e.g. Google Analytics for which we have no control over
- Session: If a cookie does not contain an expiration date, it is considered a session cookie. Session cookies are stored in memory and never written to disk. When the browser closes, the cookie is permanently lost from this point on.
- Persistent: These cookies stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file
We use the following types of cookie on our website:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the operation of our site. They don’t access or store any personal data. Our website cannot function without these cookies so they are, by default switched on. You can manage cookies in your browser (see browser settings in section X) Your choices will include the ability to switch off cookies completely and removing cookies by deleting them when you leave our site. If you do switch cookies off you may find problems with the operation of our website.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to analyse website use such as which pages are most popular and how visitors move around the site. The information collected does not directly identify any individuals. You can control whether you want to accept the use of these cookies via the cookie consent options on the website.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise you when you return to our website. They enable us to personalise content for you and remember preferences you may have set on your last visit. You can control whether you want to accept the use of these cookies via the cookie consent options on the website.
- Performance/statistics cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our website (e.g. which Internet browser you use, how often you visit our website, which pages you open, or how long you stay on our website). These cookies do not store any information that enables visitors to be personally identified. The information collected with the help of these cookies is aggregated, and thus anonymous.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies allow us to provide personalised and relevant services or advertising to our visitors, and to assess the effectiveness of our digital marketing activities. We also use these cookies to enable third party ‘plug-ins’ like social media sharing and like buttons. They also enable us to play video content. You can control whether you want to accept the use of these cookies via the cookie consent options on the website.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Using your browser to control cookies
As well as setting cookie preferences using the cookie settings options when you visit the website, you can also control cookie settings in your browser. How to control cookies for some of the most common browsers are detailed below:
Managing analytics cookies
You can opt out of anonymous tracking from third party analytics cookies by clicking on the links of our service providers here:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please also see our privacy notice here.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by Contacting us.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and the latest version of the policy will always be displayed on our website. You should check this policy from time to time to see any updates. This policy was last updated on 2021-11-26.