Terms & Conditions
Plain English Summary
We have taken our terms and conditions and summarised them into a format that is easy to understand. This summary isn’t a legally binding document, but it gives you a quick view of the things you agree to when using the Psychology Tools website at www.psychologytools.com (‘Website’). It is still really important that you read our full terms and conditions before entering into a contract with us, whether that is for free materials or by way of a paid subscription.
All of the worksheets, handouts, exercises, guides, books, or audio (‘Resources’) that you can download from the Website belong to us, unless otherwise stated. This means that you cannot copy them or use them somewhere else without getting permission from us first.
Our Resources are designed for therapists to use in their professional work and are not offered for purchase by private individuals. As a therapist you can purchase a license to use our Resources professionally, subject to our full terms and conditions. We offer different plans that allow different uses:
- As an active subscriber to an Advanced, Basic, Complimentary, or Legacy subscription you are granted a license to use the Resources in the course of your clinical work with clients. You are authorised to share copies with your clients, but there are restrictions on other uses.
- As a user of an active Team plan purchased by the institution for which you work you are granted a license to use the Resources in the course of your clinical work with your clients. You are authorised to share copies with your clients but there are restrictions on other uses.
- As a user on a (free) Trial plan you may download and print the Resources for evaluation purposes only. You must not use any Resources for professional clinical work or any other commercial purposes.
Who you can share the Resources with
- With your clients. ‘Clients’ are defined as individuals, couples, or groups with whom you have a professional relationship, and their social support (for example, their family, friends, carers, or support workers).
- With professionals whom you supervise (‘supervisees’). ‘Supervisees’ are defined as clinicians and trainees with whom you have a supervisory relationship. These individuals are not licensed to use the Resources in their own clinical work unless they also have an active subscription to an Advanced, Basic, Complimentary, or Legacy subscription or are included within an active Team plan.
- With students in a school, college, or university where you hold a professional role. ‘Students’ are defined as individuals enrolled in a school, college, or university where you hold a professional role. Professional roles may include school counsellor, teacher or lecturer. This permission does not extend to online courses or trainings.
How you can share the Resources
- Printed copies. You are licensed to print copies to share with clients, supervisees, and students as defined above.
- Via our ‘Email a client’ feature. The email-a-client feature on the psychologytools.com website (available to users with an active Advanced, Legacy, or Team plan) allows you to securely send your clients a link that allows them to download a copy of the selected resource.
- Via personal email. You are licensed to email copies of Resources to your clients, supervisees and students.
- On screen during teletherapy/online therapy sessions. You are licensed to display the Resources on screen during therapy sessions conducted via a videoconferencing application.
- You must not download, store, host or display any Resources in digital form or upload them to any digital platform.
- With the exception of screen-sharing during online therapy sessions, you must not re-sell, redistribute or display the Resources electronically.
- You must not reproduce the Resources in any online course, training, or webinar, whether or not a fee is charged.
- You are not permitted to remove or obscure the Psychology Tools logo or copyright information from any Resources.
- This license is limited to you (i.e. the individual subscriber, or named user within a Team plan) for use with your clients. Unless a Team plan has been purchased, this license does not extend to additional clinicians or practice settings.
Other terms you should be aware of
- By default, subscriptions renew automatically. You can change this setting in your account preferences.
- If you choose to use the ‘Email a client’ feature the emails are sent securely via a third-party encrypted email service. Email metadata only (email address, subject) is logged for 45 days before automatic deletion.
- To use the Website you must be at least 18 years old and you must be a therapist or other professional user.
- As a therapist or other professional user:
- You may allow clients and students under 18 years old to access the Resources but you are solely responsible for deciding whether such access is appropriate.
- You should work within the bounds of your own competencies. The Resources should be used to support good practice, not to replace it.
- If it comes to your attention that any person with whom you share the Resources has a medical condition and/or medical symptoms which is outside the bounds of your own competencies, you must always tell them to seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider or, in the case of a medical emergency, you must call the emergency services immediately.
- Reliance on any information provided by the Website is solely at your own risk.
- We may change our full terms and conditions at any time so please check back regularly.
- If you create an account with us it is your responsibility to keep your password safe.
- Sometimes we link to other websites. We try to make sure every website we link to is safe and appropriate, but we cannot accept responsibility for the content on other websites.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may experience as a result of visiting the Website.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms
2. Information About Us And How To Contact Us
3. General Terms
4. How You May Use Material On the Website
5. ‘Email a client’
6. Prohibited Uses
7. Changes, Suspension, And Use Of The Website Outside The UK
8. You Must Keep Your Account Details Safe
9. Do Not Rely On Information On The Website
10. We Are Not Responsible For Websites We Link To
11. Our Contract With You
12. Renewals And Ending The Contract
13. Access to the Resources
15. Price And Payment
16. Our Responsibility For Loss Or Damage Suffered By You
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.