Helping You Feel Prepared To Deliver Effective Therapy
There are so many features packed into a Psychology Tools Advanced subscription, that we’ve written a short guide to help you to make the most of what we have to offer.
Resources are as flexible as your practice
Your clients learn in unique ways, and each will need you to scaffold their therapeutic journey differently. Psychology Tools resources are available in multiple formats to help you to adapt to what your clients need. We have over a dozen resource types and formats including:
- Full Pack resources are suited to a variety of situations. Each worksheet, handout, or exercise is accompanied by a description, instructions, case examples (where appropriate), and citations. Professionally designed and easily printed, they contain everything you need to support your clients.
- Fillable PDF worksheets allow your more tech-savvy clients to record their experiences digitally. This format is also useful if you deliver therapy remotely via video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom), because they can be filled in live while screen sharing. These files work best in Acrobat Reader.
- Editable resources are available in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word formats. They allow you to customize a tool to your client’s needs.
- Guides provide a deep-dive into a topic. These are written for clients who want to know more about what they are experiencing and how to move forward.
- We learn best through practice, and not everything needs to be written down. Therapy audio supports your clients to develop skills without forms or handouts.
Easier for your clients to change
Whether it’s called homework, self-practice, or out-of-session work, effective clinicians know that out-of-session engagement is an important predictor of therapeutic gains. Psychology Tools allows you to email resources directly to your clients, making sure they have what they need to practice tasks between sessions. You can email PDF worksheets, fillable forms, and even audio collections.
Find what you want, when you want
As a library of tools grows, it can be harder to find what you want: that’s why we have upgraded our search and filtering options. If you browse using the All Resources page, you will notice a range of filtering options.
Using the search box on the front page takes you to a filtered list of all the resources relevant to your search term.
Use the ‘Problem’, ‘Therapy tool’, and ‘Language’ filters to refine your search as you browse resources.
Use the ‘Professional’ and ‘Self-Help’ menus to explore resources by problem, therapeutic orientation, technique, or mechanism.
Use the search feature in the menu bar to search the whole site.
New resources, new topics, new populations
Our resource library is always growing, and new materials are added each month. You can see all the latest releases when you’re signed into your account, under Recently added on your My resources dashboard.
It’s worth keeping an eye on this, so you’re always up to date with what’s new.
Work with your clients in their language
We have built the world’s biggest library of multi-lingual therapy resources. With over 2700+ tools across 70+ languages, you can support your clients whatever language they speak. We take care to format resources identically in each language, allowing you to work effectively even when you and your client don’t share a common language. Here’s what some of our members have to say:
“I work with in a multicultural setting, with a population that speaks different languages. Being a bilingual clinician, it is useful for me to be able to provide information to my clients in their language. They feel validated, and the information provided is useful in their treatment.”
“I love having the worksheets in various languages. I work in English, French and Dutch, so that is really useful for me in my work as a psychologist.”