Feel Prepared To Deliver Effective Therapy
There are so many features packed into Psychology Tools Complete and Advanced memberships, that we’ve written a short guide to help you make the most of everything we have to offer.
Our resources are as flexible as your practice
Your clients learn in unique ways, and each will need you to scaffold their therapeutic journey differently. Psychology Tools resources are available in multiple formats to help you adapt to what your clients need. We have over a dozen resource types and formats, including:
- All our worksheets, exercises, and information handouts are available in both Professional and Client versions:
- The Professional version is our best all-rounder. Designed for clinicians, this comprehensive option includes everything you need to use the resource confidently. As well as the resource, each PDF contains useful information, including therapist guidance, theoretical context and background, instructions for delivering the resource, suggested prompts, and references. Some resources also include case examples and annotations where appropriate.
- Simpler and more focused, the Client version contains the blank resource PDF and ‘how to’ instructions where appropriate. It’s the best choice if you’re giving a resource directly to a client.
- Fillable PDF worksheets allow your more tech-savvy clients to record their experiences digitally. These files work best in Acrobat Reader. This format is also useful if you practice teletherapy because they can be filled in live while screen sharing.
- Editable resources are available in Microsoft PowerPoint or Word formats. They allow you to customize tools to your client’s needs.
- Psychology Tools Guides provide a deep dive into a topic. These are written for clients who want to know more about what they are experiencing and how to move forward. Our guides are only available to members with an Advanced or Complete plan.
- We learn best through practice, and not everything needs to be written down. Psychology Tools therapy audio helps your clients to develop skills without forms or handouts. Our audio collections are only available to members with an Advanced or Complete plan.
Learn from the thought leaders
Written by leading psychologists, including Edna Foa, David Barlow and Michelle Craske, Treatments That Work® is a series of evidence-based treatment programs. Featuring detailed procedures for delivering evidence-based interventions, there are over 20 books in our library for Complete members to use and share with clients.
- Work your way. All titles are now available to download chapter-by-chapter. Choose relevant sections when you want to keep things focused or download them all. Follow the whole program or integrate chapters using a modular approach. It’s up to you.
- Therapist guides include session agendas and outlines, sample dialogues, metaphors and step-by-step instructions, so that you can deliver effective treatments skilfully, with fidelity to the models. Each therapist guide corresponds to a workbook of the same title, so they can be used together as a pair, or separately.
- Workbooks include easy to digest psychoeducation, interactive forms and worksheets, as well as exercises to help clients learn and develop new skills. They’re great for consolidating learning and supporting self-practice – you can even send digital copies to any of your clients.
Easier for your clients to change
Whether it’s called homework, self-practice, or out-of-session work, effective clinicians know that out-of-session engagement is an important predictor of therapeutic gains. Psychology Tools allows you to email resources directly to your clients, making sure they have what they need to practice tasks between sessions. You can email PDF worksheets, fillable forms, and even audio collections.
Find what you want, when you want
As a library of tools grows, it can be harder to find what you want: that’s why we have upgraded our search and filtering options. If you browse using the All Resources page, you will notice a range of filtering options.
Using the search box on the front page takes you to a filtered list of all the resources relevant to your search term.
Use the ‘Problem’, ‘Therapy tool’, ‘Resource type’ and ‘Language’ filters to refine your search as you browse resources.
Use the ‘Professional’ and ‘Self-Help’ menus to explore resources by problem, therapeutic orientation, technique, or mechanism.
Use the search feature in the menu bar to search the whole site.
New resources, new topics, new populations
Our resource library is always growing, and new materials are added each month. You can see all the latest releases when you’re signed into your account, under Recently added on your My resources dashboard.
It’s worth keeping an eye on this, so you’re always up to date with what’s new.
Work with your clients in their language
We have built the world’s biggest library of multi-lingual therapy resources. With over 3000+ tools across 70+ languages, you can support your clients whatever language they speak. We take care to format resources identically in each language, allowing you to work effectively even when you and your client don’t share a common language.
Here’s what some of our members have to say:
“I work with in a multicultural setting, with a population that speaks different languages. Being a bilingual clinician, it is useful for me to be able to provide information to my clients in their language. They feel validated, and the information provided is useful in their treatment.”
“I love having the worksheets in various languages. I work in English, French and Dutch, so that is really useful for me in my work as a psychologist.”
N.B. All features listed in the article are available as part of Advanced and Complete membership plans, except the Treatments That Work titles, which are only available to Complete plan members.