Intolerance Of Uncertainty
Cognitive Behavioral Model Of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD: Dugas, Gagnon, Ladouceur, Freeston, 1998)
- Intolerance of Uncertainty Behaviour in Everyday Life Questionnaire (IUBEL) | UNiCORN | 2020
- Intolerance of Uncertainty Scale – 5 Item Version (IUS-5) | UNiCORN | 2020
- Intolerance of Uncertainty Scale -Short Form (IUS-S) | Carleton, Norton, & Asmundson | 2007
The UNiCORN team, led by Professor Mark Freeston, research models, mechanisms, and treatments for uncertainty distress. They have published a selection of materials and measures.
- Managing and rebalancing information download archived copy
- A typology of information download
- Task review and planner download archived copy
- Noticing certainty seeking behaviour download archived copy
- Accepting uncertainty worksheet download archived copy
- Accepting uncertainty module download archived copy
- Using strategies from anxiety treatments to target uncertainty distress | Mark Freeston | 2020 view
- It’s not just the threat, it’s the uncertainty: Understanding and managing uncertainty and distress | Mark Freeston | 2020 view
- Freeston, M. H., Tiplady, A., Mawn, L., Bottesi, G., & Thwaites, S. (2020). Towards a model of uncertainty distress in the context of Coronavirus (Covid-19). the Cognitive Behaviour Therapist. download
- Milne, S., Lomax, C., & Freeston, M. H. (2019). A review of the relationship between intolerance of uncertainty and threat appraisal in anxiety. The Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, 12.
- Pepperdine, E., Lomax, C., & Freeston, M. H. (2018). Disentangling intolerance of uncertainty and threat appraisal in everyday situations. Journal of anxiety disorders, 57, 31-38.
- Shihata, S., McEvoy, P. M., Mullan, B. A., & Carleton, R. N. (2016). Intolerance of uncertainty in emotional disorders: What uncertainties remain?. Journal of anxiety disorders, 41, 115-124. download archived copy