Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT)
Links to external resources
Psychology Tools makes every effort to check external links and review their content. However, we are not responsible for the quality or content of external links and cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time.
- Cognitive remediation work in anorexia nervosa | Tchanturia | 2017
- Developing CIRCuiTS – pros and cons for service users, clinicians and researchers | Reeder | 2012
- Enriching life skills through cognitive enhancement therapy | Franczak, Lippy, Meek, Chern, Miller | 2017
- Group cognitive remediation therapy for adolescents with anorexia nervosa: The flexible thinking group | Maiden, Baker, Espie, Simic, Tchanturia | 2014
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy For Anorexia Nervosa (Treatment Manual) | Tchanturia, Davies, Reeder, Sykes | 2010
- The Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT) Resource Pack for Children and Adolescents with Feeding and Eating Disorders | Camilla Lindvall Dahlgren, Betteke Maria van Noort & Bryan Lask | 2015
- UaB Home stimulation program | Tom Novack, Jacqueline Blankenship | 2002
- McGurk, S. R., Twamley, E. W., Sitzer, D. I., McHugo, G. J., & Mueser, K. T. (2007). A meta-analysis of cognitive remediation in schizophrenia. American Journal of Psychiatry, 164(12), 1791-1802
- Tchanturia, K., Lounes, N., & Holttum, S. (2014). Cognitive remediation in anorexia nervosa and related conditions: a systematic review. European Eating Disorders Review, 22(6), 454-462
- Tchanturia, K., Doris, E., Mountford, V., & Fleming, C. (2015). Cognitive Remediation and Emotion Skills Training (CREST) for anorexia nervosa in individual format: self-reported outcomes. BMC psychiatry, 15(1), 53.
- Wykes, T., & van der Gaag, M. (2001). Is it time to develop a new cognitive therapy for psychosis—cognitive remediation therapy (CRT)?. Clinical psychology review, 21(8), 1227-1256
What is Cognitive Remediation?
Components of CRT Programs
Wykes and van der Gaag (2001) categorize some of the components and features of CRT programs.
|Type of intervention||Shaping behavior through reinforcement
Changing the environment
|Target of intervention||Specific task performance
Specific cognitive strategy (e.g., use of planning)
|Type of outcome||Neuropsychological test performance
|Medium of training||Individual treatment
Paper and pencil tasks
- Tchanturia, K., Davies, H., & Campbell, I. C. (2007). Cognitive remediation therapy for patients with anorexia nervosa: preliminary findings. Annals of General Psychiatry, 6(1), art. 14. doi.org/10.1186/1744-859X-6-14
- Wykes, T., & van der Gaag, M. (2001). Is it time to develop a new cognitive therapy for psychosis—cognitive remediation therapy (CRT)? Clinical Psychology Review, 21(8), 1227–1256.