Psychology Tools for Overcoming Panic takes a cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) approach to this common anxiety problem. This chapter includes a quiz to test client beliefs about panic.
This is a Psychology Tools workbook chapter. Suggested uses include:
- Client handout – use as a psychoeducation and skills-development resource
- Discussion point – use to provoke a discussion and explore client beliefs
- Therapist learning tool – improve your familiarity with a psychological construct
- Teaching resource – use as a learning tool during training
- Barlow, D. H. (2004). Anxiety and its disorders: The nature and treatment of anxiety and panic. Guilford press.
- Clark, D. M. (1986). A cognitive approach to panic. Behaviour research and therapy, 24(4), 461-470.
- Clark, D. M. (1994). Cognitive therapy for panic disorder. American Psychiatric Association.