Understanding how we hear sounds, and what goes wrong in tinnitus, is an essential part of tinnitus treatment. How We Hear Sounds is an information sheet which describes the key stages of sound perception.
This is a Psychology Tools information handout. Suggested uses include:
- Client handout – use as a psychoeducation resource
- Discussion point – use to provoke a discussion and explore client beliefs
- Therapist learning tool – improve your familiarity with a psychological construct
- Teaching resource – use as a learning tool during training
- Tyler, R. S. (Ed.). (2006). Tinnitus treatment: clinical protocols. Thieme.