Forgiveness takes courage and strength. Clients often struggle with the concept of forgiveness because of unhelpful misconceptions. The Forgiveness Quotes information handout contains a helpful selection of quotations about forgiveness for aiding an understanding of what forgiveness is truly about. Quotes include, “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.” (Robert Muller).
Download or send
Introduction & Theoretical Background
Clients often struggle with the concept of forgiveness because of unhelpful misconceptions. This information sheet of Forgiveness Quotes includes helpful quotations for aiding an understanding of what forgiveness is truly about. Quotes include: “Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much” (Oscar Wilde), “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free” (Catherine Ponder).
- Client handout - use as a psychoeducation resource
- Discussion point - use to provoke a discussion and explore client beliefs
- Therapist learning tool - improve your familiarity with a psychological construct
- Teaching resource - use as a learning tool during training
References And Further Reading
- Enright, R. D., Fitzgibbons, R. P. (2000). Helping clients forgive: An empirical guide for resolving anger. New York: American Psychological Association.