- Session 1 – Mindfulness and the window of tolerance stmichaelshospital.com archive.org
- Session 2 – Mindfulness and the brain stmichaelshospital.com archive.org
- Session 3 – Mindfulness and emotions stmichaelshospital.com archive.org
- Session 4 – Developing an action plan for self care stmichaelshospital.com archive.org
Mindfulness might best be described as a ‘way of being’ rather than a technique, but in psychological terms it can be taught as a technique to increase insight and alter our relationship with our thoughts.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction activities workbook
- Mindfulness handout sf-act.com archive.org
- Body scan mindfulness exercise stillmind.com.au archive.org
- Mindfulness presentation psychologytools.com (Submitted by Laura Chabot)
- Mindfulness Instructions – Instructions for learning mindfulness mindfulness.org.au archive.org
- Urge Surfing
- ‘Just worrying’ – Instructions for teaching the ‘just worrying’ thought labelling technique mindfulness.org.au archive.org
There are many packages of mindfulness recordings that can be bought, John Kabat Zinn in particular has produced a number that are suitable for recommending to clients.
Mark Williams and Danny Penman have some free mindfulness recordings which accompany their book:
- Mindfulness meditation of the body and breath
- The befriending meditation
- Three minute breathing space
Free Buddhist Audio is a website set up by the Triratna Buddhist Order. They make recordings of meditations, and Buddhist teachings available for free. Of particular interest to therapists might be:
- Baer, Ruth A. (2003). Mindfulness training as a clinical intervention: A conceptual and empirical review. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 10(2), 125-143.
- Goldberg, S. B., Tucker, R. P., Greene, P. A., Davidson, R. J., Wampold, B. E., Kearney, D. J., & Simpson, T. L. (2017). Mindfulness-based interventions for psychiatric disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Clinical psychology review. centerhealthyminds.org archive.org
- Hedman-Lagerlöf, M., Hedman-Lagerlöf, E., & Öst, L. G. (2018). The empirical support for mindfulness-based interventions for common psychiatric disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychological medicine, 1-14.
- Hofmann, S. G., Sawyer, A. T., Witt, A. A., & Oh, D. (2010). The effect of mindfulness-based therapy on anxiety and depression: A meta-analytic review. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology, 78(2), 169. nih.gov
- Keng, S. L., Smoski, M. J., & Robins, C. J. (2011). Effects of mindfulness on psychological health: A review of empirical studies. Clinical psychology review, 31(6), 1041-1056. nih.gov
St Michael’s Hospital have developed a great emotional regulation program incorporatingmindfulness.
Mindful Awareness Stabilization Training
- Track 1 – Mindfulness of the senses soundcloud.com
- Track 2 – Three minute breathing space soundcloud.com
- Track 3 – Mindfulness of breath soundcloud.com
- Track 4 – Meditation of sounds soundcloud.com
- Track 5 – Mindfulness of emotions soundcloud.com
- Track 6 – Standing meditation soundcloud.com
- Track 7 – Self-compassion meditation soundcloud.com