Forgiveness is an effectvie treatment for anger and relieving hurt. Sadly, many people dismiss forgiveness due to misconceptions regarding its nature. This information handout describes what forgiveness is and what it is not.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- English (GB)
- English (US)
Download or send
Full resource pack (PDF)
Everything you could need: a PDF of the resource, therapist instructions, and description with theoretical context and references. Where appropriate, case examples and annotations are also included.
Information handout only (PDF)
A copy of the information handout in PDF format.
Editable version (PPT)
An editable Microsoft PowerPoint version of the resource.
Are you a qualified therapist who would like to help with our translation project?
Clients often struggle with the concept of forgiveness because of unhelpful misconceptions regarding its true nature. Forgiveness Is… is an educational worksheet with a clear description of what forgiveness is and is not.
This is a Psychology Tools information handout. Suggested uses include:
- Client handout – use as a psychoeducation resource
- Discussion point – use to provoke a discussion and explore client beliefs
- Therapist learning tool – improve your familiarity with a psychological construct
- Teaching resource – use as a learning tool during training
- Enright, R. D., Fitzgibbons, R. P. (2000). Helping clients forgive: An empirical guide for resolving anger. New York: American Psychological Association.