Self-Esteem Worksheets & Exercises
Low self-esteem is often associated with depressive and anxiety disorders. Clinicians have a variety of tools to improve their clients self-esteem or self-confidence such as assertiveness training.
Exercises, Worksheets & Workbooks
- How to increase your self-esteem mind.org.uk archive.org
- Issues with self-esteem? wellbeing-glasgow.org.uk archive.org
- Self-esteem self-help booklet from Glasgow STEPS including information about self-esteem and self-help interventions
- Building Self-Esteem – A Self-Help Guide smahsa.gov archive.org
- How to nurture your child’s self esteem weld.co.us archive.org
- Group exercises for improving self esteem
- Combating self-criticism southwestlondontherapy.co.uk archive.org
- Fennell, M. J. V. (1996). Cognitive therapy in the treatment of low self-esteem. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 4, 296-304 rcpsych.org
- Fennell, M. J. V. (2004). Depression, low self-esteem, and mindfulness. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 42, 1053-1067
- McManus, F., Waite, P., & Shafran, R. (2009). Cognitive-behavior therapy for low self-esteem: a case example. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 16(3), 266-275 academia.edu archive.org
- Brewin, C. R. (2006). Understanding cognitive behaviour therapy: A retrieval competition account. Behaviour research and therapy, 44(6), 765-784
- Korrelboom, K., van der Weele, K., Gjaltema, M., & Hoogstraten, C. (2009). Competitive memory training for treating low self-esteem: A pilot study in a routine clinical setting. The Behavior Therapist.
- Korrelboom, K., de Jong, M., Huijbrechts, I., & Daansen, P. (2009). Competitive memory training (COMET) for treating low self-esteem in patients with eating disorders: A randomized clinical trial. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology, 77(5), 974 researchgate.net archive.org
- Korrelboom, K., Marissen, M., & van Assendelft, T. (2011). Competitive memory training (COMET) for low self-esteem in patients with personality disorders: A randomized effectiveness study. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 39(01), 1-19 researchgate.net archive.org
- Staring, A. B. P., van den Berg, D. P. G., Cath, D. C., Schoorl, M., Engelhard, I. M., & Korrelboom, C. W. (2016). Self-esteem treatment in anxiety: A randomized controlled crossover trial of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) versus Competitive Memory Training (COMET) in patients with anxiety disorders. Behaviour research and therapy, 82, 11-20 researchgate.net archive.org
The Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) is an Australian mental health organisation that conducts research, provides training and supervision, and offers a clinical service. They have made some really useful resources for overcoming low self-esteem.